The project of our School was born in 1998 conditioned by the present and future challenges of the civil engineering profession and by the offer of other existing master degrees at the Spanish university. Both factors served to define the keys of a modern and high-quality training model based on the following aspects:
- Adoption of “Project Based Learning” as a key element and differentiator of the educational process.
- Learning in small groups, with emphasis on the development of communication and innovation skills.
- Deepening in the territorial and environmental aspects of civil engineering.
- Actions of internationalization and use of new technologies.
- Promotion of study trips and visits to work sites as fundamental elements in the learning of civil engineering.
Throughout the almost 20 years of existence of the School, this ambitious teaching project has demonstrated the ability and solvency to train civil engineers with an integrated vision of the territory, sensitive to the impact that civil works produce on it, and with a careful technical training, able to lead multidisciplinary work teams and communicate effectively. Our graduates develop their professional careers in all areas of civil engineering and around the world.
Our educational method has been recognized with the EUR-ACE® quality label, awarded in 2016 to the Bachelor´s Degree in Civil Engineering and currently under evaluation for the Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering.
Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering
Students can choose a specialization track to develop civil engineering in (1) Construction, structures and terrain; (2) Water and environment; and (3) Transportation, urban and spatial planning. Our offer also includes classes in Project Management, Innovation & Research, and internships in real civil engineering companies.
Contact and Guide
- If you have any question, you can ask joseantonio.lozano@
- Ciudad Real Campus Guide is available in Spanish language.
eduroam is a world-wide access service that allows individuals from member institutions to connect to wireless networks at other member institutions. Connect to eduroam using your login credentials provided to you by your home institution. More information about eduroam and a list of participating institutions can be found at the eduroam website.
For UCLM Faculty, Staff and Students Visiting Other eduroam Members
Setup for eduroam is identical to setting up a connection for our campus, details of which can be found on this site at the following links (Linux, Macintosh, Mobile Devices, Windows). eduroam
- When should I connect to the eduroam network?
We recommend that you connect to the eduroam network before you leave your home institution. Because eduroam authentication is handled by your home institution, and not the institution you are visiting, it is best to make sure that any authentication issues are resolved before leaving for an extended period of time.
- I have returned from another eduroam institution, and now I cannot connect to my non-eduroam wireless network.
Most operating systems such as Windows, OS X, and Linux will allow you to prioritize the order in which your computer will attempt to connect to wireless networks. By prioritizing your local non-eduroam network above eduroam, your computer will attempt to connect to your normal wireless network before it attempts to connect to the eduroam network.
- My computer or other device will not let me change the connection priority of wireless networks.
Some computers and many mobile devices (such as the iPhone) will not allow you to change the priority of network connections, or they will automatically set the most recently used network name to the top of the priority. In this case, they will simply connect to the most recently used network name if it is available. If it is not available, it will try to connect to any network known by the device in alphabetical order until it successfully connects to one. If the eduroam network name is alphabetically ahead of your normal network, you will need to remove the network from the known network list on your computer or device. Your home institution’s IT help desk should be able to assist you with this.
Accomodation and Social Life
1. In the ORI-Ciudad Real there is available a list of shared flats for students, at your disposal. We usually help the students to find a suitable place to stay upon their arrival to ORI. There is also a weekly newspaper with adverts with flats for rent. We deeply recommend you to look for an apartment once you are in Ciudad Real. From our office, we can phone and make an appointment with the owners, if you want to. Remember, we have more available rooms than demand from students to occupy them.
2. Regarding this matter, and whatever you may need, there is an ORI Facebook page: join us at Ori Ciudad Real there. There is also a student association which helps the students with accommodation, plans of studies, social life, etc., you can find them in Facebook at ESN UCLM Ciudad Real.
3. The price of a shared flat varies from 130€ and 200€, flats usually have got washing machine, kitchen equipment (oven, spoons, pans, etc), you should bring bed linen and towels, or you can purchase them here at good price.
4. For the first two or three days in Ciudad Real, students could stay at a hotel, it costs between 30 and 60 euros/night. Please contact the International Office for us to help you with this matter (email@example.com).
5. Weather in Ciudad Real: Autumn and Winter is rather cold and dry ,3º – 4º C at night, 8º -12ºC during the day) In Spring there are either warm and cool days, even hot, after Easter. Summer is hot, over 30-35ºC.
6. There is also the possibility to live in a Residence Hall, but the UCLM do not deal with that matter, ask firstname.lastname@example.org about this matter.
7. In Ciudad Real, Erasmus Student Network (ESN) association helps international students in their academic and social life. ESN Ciudad Real assigns a mentor, an UCLM veteran student, to every student coming to Ciudad Real upon request and availability; please join ESN Ciudad Real at facebook.